Lakeview Lutheran Church is a warm and caring community of God’s servants ministering through worship, learning and sharing. We are people of God in Christ and empowered by the Spirit to bear witness to God’s creative, redeeming and sanctifying activity in the world. For 150 years Lakeview Lutheran Church has been committed to a faithful proclamation of the gospel through word and sacrament and through a passionate network of social and outreach ministries in Madison and beyond.
Drive Thru Pantry Still Happening
The Lakeview Food Pantry is open Monday evenings from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. It is a drive thru pantry. Consumers do not enter the building. Food is delivered to cars or to people walking in by our volunteers. At this time, patrons may use the pantry weekly, if needed.
Return to In-Person Worship
The council has agreed to attempt in-person worship beginning on June 27/28. Please understand the following rigid protocols have been put in place to keep everyone safe—including those leading worship and those sanitizing the space. If someone is in worship who is unwilling to follow the protocols, for the well-being of everyone, they should leave, or we will conclude the service. If you come to worship, dress casually. The sanctuary will be warm. Due to the spread of droplets, fans may not be used. You are welcome to bring a water bottle.
- If you have ANY symptoms, if you are uncomfortable, if you cannot follow the protocol- stay home. There will be other options for worship.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the building.
- The only unlocked entrance for worship will be the glass door that directly enters into the sanctuary on the north side of the building—it is accessible.
- Be on time for worship. The door will be locked when worship begins, and you will not be allowed to enter. You don’t want to look silly waving at us from outside the door.
- Upon entry, use the provided hand sanitizer before proceeding to your seat.
- No touching or hugging at any time while in the building-sounds cruel doesn’t it?
- Sit in the arranged distanced seating and practice remaining 6 feet from those outside of your household at all times. Please sit on seats that are appropriate for the number of people in your household—2 people should not sit on seating set for 4 people.
- Sit on the chairs, keep walkers in front of you. The chairs have been spaced. Do not move chairs and do not bring chairs into the sanctuary from the narthex. There are a small number of seats in the balcony. Do not sit in the narthex during worship.
- The congregation will not stand during the services. There will be no communal singing. There will be no bulletins. There will be no children’s activity bags. Offering plates will be available in the sanctuary. Communion will begin on July 11/12.
- The staff/council will manage the offerings and deposits at this time.
- Services will be 30 minutes on Saturday at 5:00 pm and Sunday at 9:00 and 10:00 am. The door will be unlocked 15 minutes before the service begins-do not come too early. The area will be sanitized following each worship service.
- We are able to accommodate up to 50 people at a service. If this becomes difficult to manage, we will need to go to a reservation system.
- The only restroom available will be the one in the narthex-it is accessible for all genders.
- There will be no coffee and the Fellowship Room will be locked.
- All worshipers will exit through the narthex and out the 4 north side glass doors—they are accessible.
- The lower level will be closed.
- Folks will be able to Zoom into the 9:00 am service. Identification and password will come to you in an upcoming email.
- Terry Warnke will continue to record one of the weekend services and place it on Facebook during the week. It will be available on YouTube and Vimeo as it has been.
- Remember to extend social distancing as you depart and in the parking lot.
- On June 28 you will also be able to Zoom into the 10:00 am service and participate in the special congregation meeting at 10:30—see below.
- Please do not bring donations of any kind to worship including pop tops, quilting supplies, food donations, aluminum cans, bags for the pantry etc. Offering is fine!
Click here to access our Vanco Give+ portal, which allows you to securely and conveniently support Lakeview online. You can give one time or set up an account to give regularly.
You can also download the Vanco Give+ App to your mobile device. Members and visitors can search “GivePlus Church” in The App Store or Google Play to quickly find and download the app. To give to Lakeview, simply type Lakeview Lutheran Church into the App, once it is downloaded, double check that it is the one on Mandrake Rd. in Madison, WI, and select.
Online Directory Link to Access Profile
Members may use this link to access your Realm profile in the online directory and sign-in, once you have received the invitation via email to create a profile and follow the instructions to do so.
Interested in Membership?
It is not difficult to become a member at Lakeview. If you wish to join this congregation, you should call Pastor Dean in the church office to set up a meeting with him. The meeting is about one hour in length. He will review who we are as a congregation and what our ministry is about. He will talk about how our ministry is supported through the annual budget and about how each of us is called to support that budget with our dollars and our time and talents. Each family member joining will have an information sheet to complete (parents on behalf of children) and when that completed information is received by Laura, she will input it into the membership computer program and you will be an active member of Lakeview Lutheran Church. It all starts with a phone call.