Lakeview Lutheran Church is a warm and caring community of God’s servants ministering through worship, learning and sharing. We are people of God in Christ and empowered by the Spirit to bear witness to God’s creative, redeeming and sanctifying activity in the world. For 150 years Lakeview Lutheran Church has been committed to a faithful proclamation of the gospel through word and sacrament and through a passionate network of social and outreach ministries in Madison and beyond.
Pentecost! And Special Meeting
We will celebrate the third great festival of the church on Sunday, May 20 at the 9:00 am worship service. Wear your RED to reflect that we are on fire with the spirit. The service that morning will include special music from the Sunday school and choir. We will recognize our education staff and give thanks for their gifts. We will celebrate the call of the church to be an organized community of the faithful and to share the good news of the gospel through our words and actions in the world. At 10:00 am the council has called a special meeting of the congregation to be held in the sanctuary. This meeting is to provide a quarterly financial update to you, the members of this place called Lakeview. This is the only piece of business at this meeting and the council hopes that all voting members can be present. This is also the final day for education hour until the fall. Summer worship schedule remains the same, Saturday at 5:00 pm and Sunday at 9:00 am.
Blast-Off For Books
At the ELCA National Youth Gathering in Houston in June, the 30,000 high school youth in attendance will be delivering books to children in the greater Houston area whose families are economically unable to provide books. This will be part of the service work that the youth will do while there for 4 days. Congregations around the nation are supporting this project by purchasing books to send with their youth to Houston. Because reading is the foundation of everything, you too are invited to support this project. You can purchase new or slightly used books from the list below. We can only take books that are on this list as the Gathering staff has been working with the Houston Independent School District on this project and these are the books the school district has identified to be valuable. There will be a collection bin in the Lakeview narthex for you to place your books or you can bring them to the church office. Books MUST be here by June 18. Thank you people of Lakeview for supporting another great way to do ministry with children.
- Bad Kitty (Series) by Nick Bruel
- Elephant and Piggie (Series) by Mo Willems
- Frog and Toad (Series) by Arnold Lobel
- It’s Shoe Time by Mo Willems and Brian Collier
- Little Bear (Series) by Elsa Holmelund Minarik
- Mercy Watson (Series) by Kate DiCamillo
- Amulet (Series) by Kazu Kibuisji
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Ghost by Raina Telgameier
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
- Secret Coders (Series) by Gene Luen Yang
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jaqueline Woodson
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Series) by Jeff Kinney
- Dog Man (Series) by Dav Pilkey
- Dragon Masters (Series) by Tracey West
- Eerie Elementary (Series) by Jack Chabert
- Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Frank Einstein (Series) by Jon Scieszka
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- I Survived (Series) by Lauren Tarshis
- Laura Line by Crystal Allen
- Matilda by Ronald Dahl
- Nerds, Book 1: National Espionage, Recue, and Defense Society by Michael Buckley
- One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams Garcia
- Origami Yoda (Series) by TomAngleberger
- Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart
- The Cross Over by Kwame Alexander
- The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine
- The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes
- Wonder by Raquel Palacio
- Creepy Pair of Underwear by Aaron Reynolds
- Dragons Love Tacos by AdamRubin
- Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Pena
- Mango, Abuela and Me by Meg Medina
- Martina and the Beautiful Cockroach: A Cuban Folktale by Carmen Agra Deedy
- Pete the Cat (Series) by James Dean
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- Why Am I Me by Paige Britt
Click here to access our Vanco Give+ portal, which allows you to securely and conveniently support Lakeview online. You can give one time or set up an account to give regularly.
You can also download the Vanco Give+ App to your mobile device. Members and visitors can search “GivePlus Church” in The App Store or Google Play to quickly find and download the app. To give to Lakeview, simply type Lakeview Lutheran Church into the App, once it is downloaded, double check that it is the one on Mandrake Rd. in Madison, WI, and select.
Online Directory Link to Access Profile
Members may use this link to access your Realm profile in the online directory and sign-in, once you have received the invitation via email to create a profile and follow the instructions to do so.
Interested in Membership?
It is not difficult to become a member at Lakeview. If you wish to join this congregation, you should call Pastor Dean in the church office to set up a meeting with him. The meeting is about one hour in length. He will review who we are as a congregation and what our ministry is about. He will talk about how our ministry is supported through the annual budget and about how each of us is called to support that budget with our dollars and our time and talents. Each family member joining will have an information sheet to complete (parents on behalf of children) and when that completed information is received by Laura, she will input it into the membership computer program and you will be an active member of Lakeview Lutheran Church. It all starts with a phone call.
Lakeview Food Pantry
The Lakeview Food Pantry is open every Monday evening from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm on the east end of the lower level of our building. It is a walk-in pantry – please bring an ID and proof of address.